[PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Viewport Toughness

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 13:32:39 -0600 Coalbunny writes:
>I don't know about it making the glass or arcrylic "bullet proof".

I've seen windows that were hit but not penetrated.   It's possible
to make a window bulletproof, but I don't that relates in any way
to submarine viewports.  Glass made bulletproof is glass made
resistant to one impact on a tiny point.   A window that's taken a
bullet is probably not going to  survive a second impact.

Viewports have to be proof against  pressure over their entire face,
and for a long time.

On the other hand, what can we learn from the idea?

It is possible to make a Ship or Boate that may goe underwater
unto the bottom, and so to come up againe at your pleasure ...
                                                                      -
William Bourne, 1576

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!