Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Bill Gifford's Project

>From: Dan H. <JMachine@adelphia.net>
>
> I don't really have answers to your dual hull design.
>.............snip...............

Thanks Dan,

My curiousity was more 'textbook' than practical.
Ever since the topic of Bill's pSub came up I've been seeing
propane tanks everywhere I go. They seem to come in a
variety shapes and sizes. I *might* consider designing an
ROV around one, a shallow submersible, or wetsub.
Checking past messages in the archives,  there seems to be
a general consensus to stay away from designs using propane
tanks.

I've been doing a little research on framing and stiffening rings.
[ along with all the other topics brought up here ; batteries, propulsion,
ballasting...etc.   whew! ]

Has anyone seen the movie "U571" ?  I've only seen it once on T.V.
I could swear there is a scene where the sub is under depth charge
attack and the compression shock exposes [ or outlines?] the frames
along the hull.  I was quite surprised by that added special effect.
Does anyone have a video or dvd of "U571" Perhaps someone could
review it and this particular scene? Or maybe I just imagined it.

--Steve