[PSUBS-MAILIST] On board computers

Title: On board computers
Dan,
I have a K350. The closest thing to a computer on my sub is a "Link 10"
battery monitor with an RS232 output. I can down load battery info to a laptop
(after a day of diving). I will probably use a couple of plc's to
handle contol functions for a mechanical claw. I personally like mechanical
controls for their simplicity, reliability. For someone building a sub on a
budget I think  hand operated controls is the best way to go.
  According to the articles I have read 42 volts will be the new automobile
standard, Cadillac in the 2004 or 2005 model year will most likely be the
first.
Dan Lance