Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Through Hull Connections

Hi Peter,

I read Dan's response to this one, and it is right inline with my comments. I
don't think you should complicate things with networks of computers and
instruments. Dan is right to say that you would be best to manually control
everything, at least to start. If you are a sophisticated electronics + computer
+ software person, you could expand later. You always need to worry about how
you will operate when things fail. You alluded to this yourself with the air
scrubber and a power failure.

I have this vision of you being negatively bouyant, getting the blue screen of
death, and it's one of those times when, somehow, the reset switch doesn't seem
to work. One of my favorite lines was someone saying he wanted a picture of Bill
Gates on the reset switch so he could punch him in the face every time Windblows
crashes!

Basically, the simpler you can make things, the more likely you'll sucseed in
building a psub project, and the more likely you'll be able to use and survive
your project. It is very much like boats, the more crap you add on, the more
time you'll spend installing and repairing, and the less time you'll spend boating.

Jeff

Quoting mckellar@earthlink.net: