[PSUBS-MAILIST] Computers Onboard

All the talk of laptops and PC's on board a P-sub has got me wondering.
I'm building a K-350.  Am I building it the "old way," with wires and switches?

To be sure, there is a lot to be said for simplicity in the sub world.  Safety is the number one concern followed closely by power conservation.  I imagine a computer would have it's benefits in many ways.  One would be managing the power available and the loads, not to mention coupling monitoring systems and control systems.  But, in a low budget sub, a P-sub, say $15,000, is it really necessary or are we complicating things with a risk to safety if their is a glitch in the system.

Just for my curiosity; how many P-subs owners, the ones that actually have a sub and have gotten it wet, have PC's installed in them?  A show of hands, please.

Maybe I'm cautious.  Maybe I'm old!
Thanks, Dan H.