[PSUBS-MAILIST] Through Hull Connections

Hi All,

recent threads have opened the subject of through hull power connections.

I still havent got hold of busby's or anything that may show me the proper
way to design these connections/gaskets etc.

I am still far from the 'Carsten Point' but I have been favouring a fully
acrylic/polycarbonate hull.  With this in mind, I had imagined that
imbedding a conducting rod directly into the hull during pouring should
allow me to avoid ANY holes other than hatches.

A similar method would be to imbed cables through the hull, laying them out
prior to the pour and making them part of the hull itself.  I have visions
of extreme pressure forcing the wires into the hull, but I guess a few
knots in the cable should prevent this.

can anyone see any major flaws or problems with this idea? (cabling, not
hull materials - i already know acrylic has some drawbacks)

thx
peter