RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] More Batteries....power configuration?

I'm not an expert on this, but here's my understanding. If I'm off,
somebody please correct me.

Choosing series or parallel does not change the amount of energy stored
in your batteries, so in principle there is no difference in range,
speed, or duration. However the currents carried will change
significantly, as Amps * Volts remains constant.

Therefore a series battery bank (i.e. higher voltage) lets you use
smaller conductors. That means cheaper cable, and saved weight. If going
through the hull, the conductors on a penetrator might not be able to
carry the currents you would need at low voltages. The downside of
series arrangements is of course that you have to pay more attention to
electrical insulation, as you get into ranges that are a potential
health hazard.

Rgds,

Alec