Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Some questions

On Sunday, April 13, 2003, at 12:53 PM, Dan H. wrote:
> I've run across the same "Doubting Thomas's."  Now, after two years of
> construction, I find that the word is out. People I never met before
> know of
> my project.

This can be turned into a major plus - if the word gets around that you
could use a certain type of equipment, often people will start giving
you stuff, and they'll mention you to their friends, who might be able
to help out in some way. Once you break through the perception that you
are a Darwin Award candidate people start pulling for you. It's getting
past that initial reaction that's important (and sometimes hard).
Building hardware is a big help. Of course there will always be the
naysayers, but if even only 10% of the people who hear about your
project have a positive attitude, your chances of getting some useful
help go way up.

......Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew Case, PhD.
Institute for Research in Electronics and Applied Physics,