Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Capt. Nemo's other projects

Hi Jeff,

The HYPERSUB was my first dry-sub project back in the 80's: a HI PERformance
SUBmersible with AIP drive.  I built the pressure hull and then got the idea
to turn it into the NAUTILUS MINISUB using E-motor propulsion.  I never gave
up on the idea, though, and at this time I have another basic pressure hull
downstairs and two possible drivetrains to put into it: one is a Kawasaki
jetski, and the other is a 454 Corvette.  Doc and I have been noodling
around about underwater dragsters.  (He's got something radical planned for
the future, but I'll let him tell you about that.)  The dragster is
possible, but exceedingly dangerous.  I'm leaning towards rigging the jetski
for long distance and moderately fast speeds underwater.

The NAUTILUS DIVER is like the NEMOSUIT except it's the gear worn by Captain
Nemo's crew: the helmet with that crown-thingy on top and the
hose-and-filter-whatsit atop the visor.  MORSE just finished the boots,
AQUALA is about done with the drysuit, I've got a new hardhat here that I'm
modifying, and it ought to be done fairly soon.

All this LEAGUES stuff is intended for the video we've been assembling for
too long now.  (Bet everyone thought I'd forgotten, and I don't blame 'em.)
It just all takes so  much time because I have to work for a living and only
get to do this in my off hours.

You'll be able to see more about this stuff in upcoming magazine articles
and on other people's websites that are giving me pages; I'll let you know
when that's actually something more than vaporware.

The real information source about us will be on the two websites I've had
for almost two years now.  One is dedicated to 20,000 LEAGUES and our work
at VULCANIA SUBMARINE; the other is an information source for homebuilt
submarine enthusiasts.  I had 'em both up and running, but pulled them down
to revamp the sites with better graphics.  Then I got into shop projects and
never got them back up; all that's there now are the home pages.  I'm
juggling quite a few pins right now, but it's all aimed at coming together
at some time in the future.

Honestly, I don't have much time these days for discussion groups, and in
fact was disconnected from this one until the issue of the FORBES article
came up.  Now that that's pau, I may disconnect and submerge again to devote
more time to my projects.  But I'll let you know when I've got something you
might be interested in.

Pat