Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Dangerous Psubs ?

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 17:48:52 +0100 Carsten Standfuss writes:
>Warren I don't think so..
>
>Anykind of technology can be use as potential lethal..
>A Psub is not more dangerous than anything else.

The problem is that the U.S. government needs to appear to
be doing a lot to protect the citizens.   It's not so much the facts
as the way the average U.S. citizen thinks.   To most everyone
I meet, the idea of a psub is a lot like the idea of having a
rhinoceros as a pet.   The Americans you meet on this list,
Carsten, are the brightest and the most imaginative citizens the
U.S. has to offer.

>And if it manage it way into the harbour it can blow at max.
>one ship away..

That could be enough!

>An old -ready for scrapping- freighter full with nitrate
>(fertilizer) and diesel in the had of a crazy man can blow
>the hole harbour - including the town around..

This has been discussed in some detail on another list I inhabit.
We started to worry that someone in authority might think we
were planning something!

>How many fertilizer you get for the prize of one homebuild
>Psub (15.000 Dollar) ?

Another question is "How much C-4 can be bought secretly
for 15,000 dollars?"   A couple of kilos of that can make a
mess of a bus, and a carload could level a shopping mall.
That's more likely!

Mike H.

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com