Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Empress of Ireland (was: Forbes story)

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Carl. Our right
to build and use personal submersibles could be
endangered. I know they would go ballistic if you
were to try diving a sub in the snake river. That's
right, I said the snake river. We all really should
be considering how to retain our right to build and
dive subs. Besides, model rockets have been illegal
for a long time (that's what limits the size of those
silly Estes boosters), it's just that most people
don't
realize it. A sub is every bit as potentially lethal
to a civilian or military target as a small rocket.
Hopefully the personal submersibles movement is small
enough to keep out of the limelight.

Warren.