Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Family member expresses interest!

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 15:49:16 -0800 Doc <doc@bionicdolphin.com> writes:

>>   There's no support for gadget-men these days.
>
>Sure there is Mike,, they're called junkyards or surplus depots or
>recycling centers now.

It's not like it used to be.   I could go to Busbee Electronics to
pick up the headset I needed, or the control head to the wingtip
lights on a P-51 or any of those bits of hardware essential to
a good project ... but it's gone now.   The auto jubnkyards that
also sold tank, truck and boat parts aren't here any more.  I don't
have the choices I had before.   We all must admit that Vietnam-era
airplane parts are a lot less interesting than WW2-era airplane parts.

>Junkyard Wars and Monster garage are great shows and I've met quite a
>few young ladies that would rather watch that than sports.

*sigh*   I don't know any girls like that.

> I fell in love with a girl because she loves to build Hotrods &
>Harleys from the ground up, she just swoons when I show up
>in my grubbies with a rose in one hand and a toolbox in the other.

I suppose her sister is married.

Mike H.

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com