Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] nuclear psub?

On Monday, Jan 6, 2003, at 20:59 US/Central, Warrend Greenway wrote:

> If you had a thermodynamic sub (running on those pressure/temp
> differentials) you could filter
> precious metals out of the water. It has been done, but the ship drank
> more diesel then the
> gold was worth. But the way, has anyone else heard about building a
> structure out of wire mesh
> and running current through it to cause a solid hard calcium structure
> (shell like in nature)
> to form in the shape of the wire mesh? I have heard that this has been
> done succesfully in lab
> experiments. Can anyone verify this?

No, but please give me enough details to get myself into trouble! I
have no idea what it's good for, but this sounds cool. Outdoors water
is mostly stiff around these parts, but my well water is pretty hard
and I'd love to see what would happen! Are you talking chicken wire
here -- or more like aluminum window screen? I'm filling the bathtub
right now!

David
buchner@wcta.net
Osage, MN, USA