Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] nuclear psub?

If you had a thermodynamic sub (running on those pressure/temp differentials) you could filter
precious metals out of the water. It has been done, but the ship drank more diesel then the
gold was worth. But the way, has anyone else heard about building a structure out of wire mesh
and running current through it to cause a solid hard calcium structure (shell like in nature)
to form in the shape of the wire mesh? I have heard that this has been done succesfully in lab
experiments. Can anyone verify this?

Warren.

On Mon, 06 Jan 2003 19:00:53 -0700 Coalbunny writes:
>Shipping hell!  I would have WALKED there for that!  I have a couple
>of friends in Oregon and a few in California that make a six figure
>income using that kind of equipment!

Uh, let's talk about that.

Remember that tracked submarine built by Hamlin and Sodders?  One
of the things Hamlin wanted to do was to go to Alaska to hunt for gold.
Simon Lake had exactly that in mind for Argonaut I, for a little while.

Mike H.

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com

--