Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Amphibious P-sub sneak attacks

On Tuesday, Dec 3, 2002, at 09:32 US/Central, Coalbunny wrote:
> If the US was under far tighter security, yes a mini sub could be a
> threat.  .... But right now it's still fairly easy to sneak those
> weapons, NBC, in
> without detection.

My thought exactly. Why mess around with drowning yourself in chilly
Lake Michigan, messing with a complicated and expensive toy, when you
could just load your whateveritis into the back of a $150 car and drive
through customs? It's silly. They'll be so busy cutting up the
upholstery of the minivan full of college girls next to you (to head
off charges of "profiling") that they'll probably wave you through. If
you insist on an attack from the water, I can point you to two
high-profile examples showing that a second-hand ski boat would do just
fine: no need to be that sneaky, and you can go faster.

I have to think that anybody who might take p-subs seriously as a
"terrorist" weapon would have to have a pretty shallow understanding of
what p-subs do.

Okay, I'd better quit it. I just realized I'm logically dissecting a
tabloid story...

David
buchner@wcta.net
Osage, MN, USA