[PSUBS-MAILIST] Weldings was :warning for smyth

Grinding welds for cosmetic reasons ?

Sure I did this many times myself..
Special on stainless steel structures..
We build just now a 200 foot yacht and
did it on our yard every day on pollers, anchor pockets,
railing stations, bell-towers, main pillars etc.

but it depents clear how the preweld situation was..

if you have a pre-weld condition like this :
 	 ____   _____
     	     I I
             I I
        _____I I_____   dont grind the weld away for cosmetic reason..
                         (and never build a submarine that way..)

but if you have somthing like this :

             \     /
              \gap/

you can grid the top side..