Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] warning for smyth

    Grinding welds down does not make one "idiotic."  It is a standard practice
in industry to dress welds by either machining or grinding.  There are even
certain conditions that can worsen a weld if it is not ground.
    I spent a few minutes on the web this morning at work and found several
reverences to the grind or don't grind issue.  I have listed these below.

http://www.cycling.org/lists/mtb/mtb-archive-hyper/mtb.199503/1330.html

http://www.dot.state.ga.us/dot/construction/materials-research/Documents/ppt/vis_inspect/tsld016.htm

http://www.lambolounge.com/Building_Notes/Welding/Welding.htm

Gary Boucher