[PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Propane tank

Hi Mike,

if you don't have access to resources to make a 1-ATM
submarine, have you consider making an ambient sub
instead.

I'm not saying that ambient subs are easier to build
than 1-ATM subs, but it does remove the issue of finding
a safe pressure vessel to use.  After learning more
about ambient subs at the psubs conference I think they
look like a LOT of fun.

You don't mention a lot about the propane tank you want
to use, any estimation of crush depth that people have
give on this list will be working with the assumption
that the propane tank is new and in perfect condition.
I'm sure you are aware that any small (invisible) cracks
or dents could drastically reduce the usable strength
of the propane tank.  If it is a used propane tank, then
you'll have to deal with the propane that has been absorbed
by the metal.

Ian.

--
The moon ate the sun on Monday and it was an awsome sight to see.