Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Propane tanks

Since it at least seems that it is unsafe to use a *used* propane tank
and you should at least use a new one, I began wondering what the cost
difference is between ordering a new propane tank vs ordering specific
hull parts of a known material.

I estimate my hull to be approximately 360+ gallons.  It is of a known
material, 36" diameter, 6 feet long, not including the endcaps.
Cost for the hull cylinder and the 2 endcaps was approximately $825.00

I did a search on the web and found a 320 gallon propane tank that is
30" in diameter, and approx 9 feet long, and it sells for $995.00.
(And those are awkward dimensions as well)

You might be able to find a new tank cheaper here or there, but I wouldn't
think that it would be hugely cheaper than ordering the specific parts
yourself, out of a known, new material.

I would hate to have had to build our entire sub with both endcaps on.
What a hassle that would be!

An added benefit is that you get to pick the dimensions that suit
your needs as well, and it just may be cheaper in cost, and safer too.

Just some thoughts...

Happy holidays to all.

-John