Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] An "objection" to psubs

Hi Mike,

 The drug smugglers ain't even the half of it, although at the Miami
boat show
I had several people asking about the kilo capacity and range.

 There's a lot of spooky people out there with other strange ideas,
i.e.:
http://www.bionicdolphin.com/tom/FortFrauderdale/congame.html
 Drug runners, terrorists, con men and just plain old thieves.

 A boat as cool as the CSSX is bound to attract all kinds, good and not.

 Tom

"Michael B. Holt" wrote:

> I showed Carten's mastework to my Other Half (who inspired the toilet
> query).  She was (properly) amazed and impressed, but her first
> question was "Is that legal?"  Of course it's legal, I told her;
> why do you ask?
>
> She pointed out that the (American) Drug Enforcement Agency might
> be interested in a boat like the CSSX, thinking that it would
> make a great way to smuggle drugs.  I had to admit she might have
> a point: anything with that much capability might attract a lot
> of unwelcome attention.
>
> Has anyone heard anything about this idea?
>
> Mike
begin:vcard
n:Rowe;Thomas
tel;home:530-549-5523
tel;work:530-549-4839
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.bionicdolphin.com
org:TARCO Research;Design and Development
adr:;;11020 Myrtlewood Dr.;Redding;CA;96003;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:doc@bionicdolphin.com
note:Beneath the surface Flies the Future
x-mozilla-cpt:;1
fn:Thomas "Doc" Rowe
end:vcard