Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Toilets

Hi Mike,

CSSX will have two toilets - one stainless steel one, with valves
and a hand pump (vacum unit) to a disposal tank and valves and
electrical pump from the disposal tank to the outside.
This unit is build into a very small ladies room
compartment together with a hand washing board.
CSSX will get a mostly female crew (my option - but still
disscusing this feature with Sabine..) so there is a
good reason for a seperate ladies room.

A second - just chemical portable unit - in the diver chamber.
A shower also in the wet area of the diver chamber.
There is maybe a problem on longtime mission with the two divers -
maybe the portable unit is too small for a week mission in the look out
chamber under pressure. But one diver can do sometimes a "Disposal dive"
with the lower part of the portable unit..

On smaller subs the place for the ladies room can be saved.
Put the unit just in the engine room.

A one week mission will be a nice smell expirence -  a old seaman
told me (he was on a VIIC during WWII) - that some of the guys get
a little ill - from the fresh air they get from the sail hatch
after a longer dive mission at the end of the war..

Another old navy man told me that the german, french and dutch
dockworkers
in the french submarine pens get vomit during the first hours the sub
was
back in the pen after a mission.

Carsten