Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Toilets

Hi,

I'll put some input in. Don't use a cheap port-a-potty, i.e. a bucket. We once
went camping and had a cheap port-a-potty. I didn't want to dump human wastes
out and it was too cold to dig a pit. The attempt was to drive to where
a dumping station or pit toilet was then dump there. By the time
we got to the inteded destination we found the tent trailer had bounced
one time too many. Very messy.

The smell may be an issue in a confined space like a sub. Not only do the
human wastes smell but the chemicals do to. Smells turn off
the ladies also.

If you need a toilet it would be best to build it into the design with holding
tanks vented to the outside air when surfaced. No vents inside.

Regards,
Ray