Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] World's Smallest Submarine?

Hi Pat

 You can find a picture of Graham's Deep Flight if that's the one you're
looking
for at http://www.deepflight.com/subs/index.htm

 The F-16 canopies we have been using are rather tricky to seal. We finally
ended
up with overlapping seams and pneumatic seals. Although the F-16 is in the
neighborhood
of 3/4 of an inch thick it is made up in a sandwich of 5 layers, the center and
thickest layer
is polycarbonate, which is great for impact resistance but lousy for pressure
resistance.
 Since we are building very fast trans. surface adrenaline toys right now the
impact resistance
has been our #1 priority. The visibility in these big asymmetrical bubbles is
just too cool!

Doc

Captain Nemo wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>
> Where can I find a picture of SEA URCHIN 1?
>
> Wellsir, Freud also said "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar", so regarding
> "So what", I'd reply "only and exactly that."  Meaning that I'd like to know
> what the World's Smallest Submarine actually is, because it's a benchmark us
> "little guys" can shoot for.  Why?  Because it's there, I guess.  (I
> probably shouldn't cop to this, but I'm already cuttin' steel on a contender
> down in the shop...)
>
> Saw that DEEP FLYER / DEEP ROVER boo-boo.  Where can I find a picture of
> DEEP FLYER?
>
> Sorry to hear AQUARIUS is not for sale.  I just happen to have $500K sitting
> around not doing anything.  (OK, now THAT was toro-shiest!)   ;-)
>
> DEEP RANGER / vaporware: too bad.  That would be neat.  I had the same
> thoughts about the "jet fighter canopy".  My first reaction was "Man, if
> they got THAT thing reliably watertight over multiple use-cycles, they're
> pretty hot."
> Actually, though, what I'm really wondering about is how thick those big
> flat (apparently unsupported acrylic) windows would need to be to survive at
> seven or eight atmospheres.
>
> Don't worry, daddyo, you look plenty dapper in the DW.  Is that "green pic"
> from the TV newscast where you was talking to the lady by 'phone from the
> bottom of the harbor?
>
> Pat

begin:vcard
n:Rowe;Thomas
tel;home:530-549-5523
tel;work:530-549-4839
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.bionicdolphin.com
org:TARCO Research;Design and Development
adr:;;11020 Myrtlewood Dr.;Redding;CA;96003;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:doc@bionicdolphin.com
title:President
note:Beneath the surface Flies the Future
x-mozilla-cpt:;1
fn:Thomas Rowe
end:vcard