[PSUBS-MAILIST] new to this list - dry ambient sub??

Hi,

I'm a 16 year old young german (from the south of germany) and joined this
discussion group only some days ago.
The PSUBS organisation is really great !! I found very useful informations
on the website www.psubs.org which helped me to get an overview about the
topic.

At the moment I'm reading Ulrich Gabler's "U-Bootbau" (submarine design)
which covers many aspects and problems in designing submarines.

Geographically I'm far away from deep lakes or even the sea - only small
lakes with depths to 20 or 30 meters are in range. But that's enough to
start with.
The main requirement for me is a great view - to the surface, to both sides
and last but not least to the ground.

This could be achieved by a light - transparent - hull made of plastic (for
example acryl).
Can a hull of this material resist the pressure in the planned operating
depth (max. 30m, reserve to perhaps 70m) ??
With a pressure-compensated sub this wouldn't be a problem. If it operates
wet, a small hole is enough to equal exterior and interior pressure.
But I definitely want a dry sub - so I have to release pressurized air into
the hull when I dive and leave air out to the water when I rise, right ??

Has anyone designed or even realized such a "dry ambient sub" or does it
make no sense (it may need too much air) ??
Or am I just to careful and "over engineering", and a hull of paper would
resist the pressure in 20m ;-)) ??

Greetings,
Marius Hillenbrand

PS: I'm pretty sure my English isn't very well, we learn it at school but
only practical experience can make you really familiar with a language
--
living a RISCy life
PGP PublicKey: http://sites.inka.de/sirius/marius.key.asc