Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] U 26 for sale

Regarding recycled fuel for the U 26. Most countries have McDonalds's now, we could set it up to run on "biodiesel," recycled french fry oil, and sputter from harbor to harbor smelling like fast food. We could set up all the stuff for modifying the oil into fuel (I think they mainly filter out the chunks, and add some chemicals) right on board (maybe where the torpedo tubes were), and our cruises would be limited only by the availability of used grease and our cleverness in conning teenage employees into letting us have it. I envision a big hose trailing right from the fryers down the street, along the docks, and in through a hatch in the sub. Are there many portside fast-food outfits?

--
David
Osage MN USA