[PSUBS-MAILIST] A bit of a stretch -- Captain Nemo

This isn't strictly on-topic in a technological sense, but it's a topic close to all our hearts, I think. A friend pointed it out to me. The website below has picked Jules Verne as its "hero of the day." Actually, I suppose by the time most of you read this they'll have a new "hero of the day" and you'll have to look it up under "Previous Heroes of the Day."

Anyway, they make some sorta interesting reflections on Verne's place in literature, the place of fantastic technology in the thinking of the time, and there's a couple of links to Verne-related stuff.

But here's the thing: these folks have the amazing NERVE to take sides AGAINST Goff's lovely design! Imagine that! I was so shocked I just had to tell somebody!

http://www.dailyobjectivist.com/.

--
David
Osage MN USA