Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Nekton, Delta

Well.. In general boat construction is pretty cheap.  I think the biggest single expenses will be the genset and propulsion motors.. that's if you don't count having the hull welded up.  The rest.... is relitively cheap, or able to be done in small bits and stages.  Like getting the basic sub going.  then filling out the interior.  I plan on having a good sized hatch that'll be able to swallow just about anything I'd like to put in the boat.. 3' dia seemed reasonable.  And most furniture will be built in anyhow.

The drain system bugs me a little... the toilet isn't too much of a problem so long as the pumpout can handle a 6' head vaccum.  It's the two sinks that bug me.  how to drain them properly.  I'm thinking each will need a dedicated sump and pump to move the water from them.  and pump that to a common grey water tank with a BIG pump to empty water from the sinks and the shower.  I should scan what I have drawn up so far...  maybe it would inspire some people.