Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Captain Nemo's "attack"...

Pat,

I had some sort of response going to your email and then thought, ah hell, what's the point? Let me say for the record that I never looked at your pictures and thought, Who in the hell does this guy think he is! Not once. I figured that you had pounded out all the details and made a betcha-by-god submarine out of some magazine pictures and that was pretty cool by me. Still is. Of course, it makes me wonder Who in the hell this guy thinks he is, but I can't help that. Where I come from, you need engineers and machinists and welders and ship captains to do a thing like that. And yet, there you were, doing it all on your lonesome. Why, I'll bet you are scuffing your toe and blushing right this minute!

And now for something entirely different:

Do you ever bump up against Terry Kirby at the U of H? He ran the old Star II for years and now is the Chief Pilot for Pisces V. I've talked to him a time or two, years ago now, but never met him. They do a lot of diving out your way, I hear.

Vance