[PSUBS-MAILIST] Costuming (was: T-shirts)

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000 09:56:38 -0600 David Buchner <buchner@wcta.net>
writes:
>You know, you've given me an idea for what P-Subs t-shirts might have
>to look like if somebody gets an urge to make some someday. In the
>Disney movie, I can't remember -- was it just Ned going around in a
>narrow-horizontal-stripey stereotypical "sailor shirt," or was it the
>sort of uniform of Nemo's minions? I seem to have a vague recollection
>of the latter. You could put whatever logo or slogan on such a striped
>shirt.

That shirt you're recalling is the fairly standard sailor's uniform from
19th century navies.   Sovietski Catalog (<www.sovietski.com>) sells
them.

I'll go back and have a look at the uniforms of the sailors on Disney's
Nautilus.

Jon Shawl and I have exchanged some notes on the design of a
psubs pin: a private "twin dolphins."   I think that would be a lot
more fun, because we could wear it -- or, even better, let our
women wear it -- in public, formally dressed.

Mike
--

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.