Re: Air Use Calculations

FWIW,

Carbon Dioxide Levels

     1% PCO2 0.01 US navy cutoff limit for closed circuit system CO2
absorbers.

     3% PCO2 0.03 Most divers sense stimulated breathing rate and depth.

     12% PCO2 0.12 Breathing stimulus does not increase much above this
level.

     25% PCO2 0.25 Resting patient still conscious due to depression of the
central nervous
     system.

     30% PCO2 0.30 Becomes anesthetic.

Since exertion (O2 consumption) and CO2 production are related it's
probably a good thing you can't move around too much in a sub.

Scott