Re: Question

Hi,

> OK, I hadn't gone through all the work to figure out the PSIG/foot of depth
> of water, but everyone seems to be talking thousands of PSI, not the
> hundreds involved in what a reasonable sub would goto..  If I built a test
> fixture for my boat (sub)  to simulate a trip to 400 feet I would only need
> to presurize it to 200psi?  I can build a tank that will handle 200psi for
> testing... Especially a 200psi rig for testing of windows.  I'm dumbfounded,
> If it's really the thousands of PSI I was thinking of.

Could be some confusion here. 14.696 in the States means fourteen and 696
thousandths. The period is the delimeter between units and thousanths of units.
In Europe they use the period to mean the delimiter between thousands and
hundreds. So 14.696 reads fourteen thousand six hundred ninety six.

> Well onto list material :)  What testing rigs have you developed, and do any
> of you want to describe them or publish plans for them.

Regards,
Ray