Re: GOODBYE ALL

Mike Holt wrote:

On Sun, 01 Aug 1999 01:54:53 -0700 Rick Lucertini <empiricus@sprint.ca>
writes:
>>GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND REMEMBER: DO NOT EAT FISH - THEY MAY FEEL
>>INCLINED TO RETURN THE FAVOUR!!!

>There's yet another reason to avoid sushi.

>In a one-ATM boat, Rick, fish aren't a factor.

Wrong Mike!
I remember having read the story of a sub being attacked by a sword fish.
Was it Alvin? Anyway it was in an issue of the out-of-print Oceanus magazine
(Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute Ed.).
The fish sword actually penetrated the syntactic foam floats and got stuck in.
Couldn't get out but still could shake a lot!
Sub crew had to quickly surface. I guess they cooked sword fish in the evening.
This is just a warning for all the fish reading Psub list: don't be bad to
Psubs underwater: or they may well be bad to you! ;-)

Also remember Don Walsh's experiments on Grey Sharks using a small one atm sub:
they prefered to surface as sharks were coming closer and closer and could
(did they actually do it, I don't remember) have bitten engine, propeller
control plans...

Axel