Re: subs for checkout instruction

I have to question your comment about wet subs being safer than 1 atm
dry
subs. Dor starters, to be a wet sub pilot, it is imperative that you be
certified scuba diver.  Also, with a wet sub, ascent rate is extremely
critical...too fast and you end up bent or embolized.  Bottom time is
also limited due to nitrogen absorbtion in the tissues.

Why do you feel dry subs are more dangerous?  The only possible drawback
I can think of is you can't easily bailout like you can in a wet sub but
it is still possible.  Other than that, the piloting concepts are the
same...
you still have to control ballast, etc.  Actually, I would think a dry
sub
would be easier to pilot since the bouyancy would not change with depth
as
much as a wet sub would.

Oh well, just my 2 cents....maybe Vance or Phil or someone with more
experience than me can comment.

Al