wet vs dry

Hi, Yours was a good 2 cents, Al Secor, and I appreciate your answer.  I like the idea of shallow diving and not the 900 ft dives you do in your Perry 3 man sub.  With your $20,000 side scanning sonar and your own Perry, you are way out of my league, experience wise and money wise.  But remember, the Perry sub you own is professionally built, tested and certified.  And your e-mail address of "wrkdiver" (either workdiver or wreckdiver) shows us all that you are a professional with all the certifications and super deep submarine dives in your log.

I only have a scuba license and would like to be able to sit a 2 man wet sub on the bottom (my max dive, less than 100 ft.) and for the most part, to stay off the dive decompression tables so not to invite getting bent.  Just being 20 feet down over a 30 ft coral reef cruising or "flying" like a big manta ray at 2 to 3 knots for a couple of miles then stop and set it on the sandy patch at 30 ft, get out with your certified dive buddy and take some closeup pictures or nab a couple of nice red snapper with my co2 spear for dinner with your families, reboard, raise slowly off the bottom and make a surface run to shore would be fantastic.

No way could two of us do that "dream" psub trip in a dry sub (surface dive boat tender and crew) with little wet fogged portholes, stuck and leaking "o" rings and other seals, internal gasses, uncontrolled dives when your tanks don't blow and your emergency drop ballast doesn't drop! You roll end over end down the reef and land upside down and the co2 scrubbers get saturated, batteries leak through the drilled holes and the like.  Just my opinion and my 2 cents too.  Al, between the two of us, were  "making cents".  How do you pick up stuff off the bottom with your sub?  Thanks,  Jack

__
http://www.go.com