Re: "Bootlegging Real Psubs"

Would 900 ft down in a Perry class 3 man sub qualify?  Oh, maybe not...
I wasn't the pilot.

Regarding your question on wet subs and wet suit diving in northern lakes,
most northern lakes I have been in have very limited visibility.  Not sure
you could cover any more ground in a wet sub than with a DPV and a DPV
would be a whole lot cheaper.  For search purposes, neither is an
efficient way to go.  You'd be better off investing in a side scan sonar
and magnetometer.  The Marine Sonic side scan runs about $20K and produces
quite high resolution picures.  You could cover a lot of ground with a
surface ship and then just get wet when you get an interesting target.
I know people currently doing this in the St. Lawrence River.

Al Secor

--
Alan D. Secor
e-mail: secor@btv.ibm.com