Re: "Bootlegging Real Psubs"

Alan,
Are you in the St. Lawrence river area?  I have done some diving up there when I
lived in NY state.  I knew a professional diver by the name of Moe Hunt who had
dive shops in Watertown and Clayton.  He used an old navy Lark (long version of
the duck) for dive trips.  When coming back to shore he could drive right up on
the beach and head into town!  Tons of fun and quite a spectacle.  He also had a
small sub which I worked on for a short time (construction/repair of the sub, not
underwater stuff).  I have also been diving with him on a few occasions.
Although the viz was often poor I do remember some days when we had nearly 30 ft
or so.  Great place for wreck dives and bottle hunting.  Let me know if you have
run across him up there, I haven't seen him in many years.
Thanks,
Dick Morrisson