Re: What Submarine Am I?

On Tue, 25 May 1999 09:49:16 -0500 David Buchner writes:
>Oh dear, you just sent me to a scary visual place -- what with the
>all-girl crew, and now Abba, and...
>
>Turns the whole concept into a short-lived 70's TV series. Mix a little
>'Man From Atlantis,' a bit of 'Charlie's Angels,' a little Lynda Carter
as
>'Wonder Woman'... Probably oughta throw Roddy McDowell in there too.

I think you must have missed "Operation Petticoat."   And in "Voyage to
the Bottom of the Sea,"  we had a series about the ultimate yacht.

>Say, ummm -- *where* was this sub spotted? And what would it have been
>doing there? What with this supposed proliferation of "3rd World"
countries
>buying diesel subs from England and Sweden and whatnot, and reading
>that this Sea Shepherd group has bought one -- it gets me to wondering,
>like there must be at least one wealthy character in the world who has
one
>all his own. Either as  a yacht, or to play at being a Bond-flick
villain,
>or both. Has anyone heard of this actually happening? And who wants to
>start the PSubs savings account so we can save up for one?

Well, that one was probably involved in some routine practice.

Sea Shepherd has one?   Any details available on that?

U.S. Submarines, Inc., will sell you a 200-plus foot long sub.  The
base price is *cough* zillion dollars.    The thing sleeps about six,
as I recall the web site.

A couple of years ago, the U.S. government was reported to have
stopped a deal by a drug dealer to buy a Soviet diesel sub and lease
a crew for drug smuggling.

Mike Holt
--

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]