Exosuit

Looking at the Exosuit presented at
http://www.nuytco.com/exosuit.html

I've been quite surprised to see that this stunning design presents a number of
characteristics that have been frequently associated with failure risk
in our discussions.
This includes non-circular connection of "viewport" (in this case the facial
window) to pressure-hull, and non sperical or cylindrical pressure hull.

Concerning the pressure hull (OK, the Exosuit is far from looking like a sub,
but it's actually what it is) I was wondering if the impact of the
Galactica-looking segment shape, or of the almost-cubic (=flat sides) hand
section, was lowered by the fact that the enclosed volumes are very small
(more precisely: because of the high ratio of thickness over surface of
material)?

Concerning the mask-window (how do you call this?) I have no clue why this
design should be water-proofed! The only thing I can think to is that the
window is in fact a portion of a sphere and does make a neat circular
connection to the head pressure-hull, but all this is hidden by an outside
cover (in the aim of protection or a more futuristic look?).

Does someone has ideas? Or could Phil give us some indications that would not
be secret-pending-patents?

Regards,

Axel Iehle