Re: Propane tanks

    I sprayed epoxy paint on the inside of my sub.  However, spraying
inside an enclosed chamber is very tricky.  If you us any form of flamable
vehicle you run a strong risk of fire or explosion from the large about of
spray in the enclosed air volume.  When I had finished the inside hull, but
before I added the end caps, I sprayed the inside.  It was open on both
ends and I worked from both ends with the spraying.  I then welded the two
end caps on after they were primed.  There are ways of keeping sparks from
doing damage to existing paint during this process.  At this point I sanded
and/or wire brushed the burned paint back from the weld on either side and
coated the weld area with primer applied with a brush.  Then I painted the
ends with a brush overlapping the existing paint.  This may sound tacky
looking but it is not.  I do not think anyone could tell by looking from
where you sit to drive my sub.
    I was worried about explosion from static discharge inside the hull
while moving around and spraying.  This was the reason for this technique.
Also it was easier to get a good coverage over most of the inside.  I would
not use oil based paint due to the drying period.  If I did it again in
this manner, I would probably use acrylic urathane or some form of acrylic
enamel.  But you need a good hood and vent system for breathing, so you
will not get any of this material into your lungs.

Gary Boucher