Re: Plexiglas or whatever

Hi,

>From what I can remember is:

1. Lexan is a trade name for one manufacture's polycarbonate.

2. Polycarbonates are simular to acrylic but not the same thing.
   Polycarbonates are tougher but more brittle than acrylic. Occasionally
   a piece of polycarbonate being cut would catch in a saw and kick back
   causing some nasty cuts. Vicious stuff to work with even with carbide tipped
   blades.

3. Because polycarbonate is tougher it is the material used for bullet
   proof (resistant really) glass.

4. Can polycarbonates for used for view ports? I don't know. I would consult
   the viewport book.

Regards,
Ray