Re: Plexiglas or whatever

Okay, here's part  what I didn't know.

>David,
>    The reason I use, and suggest the use of, acrylic plastics for windows
>can easily be summed up. ....The main contender for replacement is
>polycarbonate (Lexan)....

...I just always thought of all this stuff as the same -- "Clear Plastic"
-- And the different names being trademarks. Duh. I'm not even sure, but I
think I recall the guy at the window place saying the stuff he was putting
in my windowframes was "lexan." So... this is apparently polycarbonate
which is not what you're using. Is there a common brand name of acrylic
thrown around just as carelessly? Is "plexi-glass" (further bastardized by
the careless "nucular" crowd into "flexi-glass") something else entirely?

If what I've got in my trailer is polycarbonate (or, to be on topic, if I
use a spare hunk of it in an ambient sub or glass-bottomed boat)... can I
polish it in a similar way?

---------
David
buchner@wcta.net