Periscopes

Paul Julius asked where he could buy periscopes.  The best site I have found
is

www.deutscheoptik.com

These are all "surface" military periscopes, but you can recover the lenses
and prisims for your "subsurface version".  Go to the icon for "scopes" or the
one for "military antiques"...both list periscopes.  The current list
includes:

WW II French Army Foxhole Periscope for $99.00
British Armored Fighting Vehicle Periscope for $199.00
WW II German Battery Commander Periscope for $350.00
East German Field Periscope (extends to 8 feet, made by Carl Zeiss, who made
WW II U-Boat periscopes) for $599.00
East German Bunker Periscope for $799.00

Watch out for the prices.  I recently got the $199.00 British periscope for
under $100.00 elsewhere, and have picked up surplus American tank periscopes
for as little as $25.  But my purchases were one-of-a-kind sales from military
antique shows, while you wanted a reliable suppier.

Like all folks who deal in this sort of equipment, items come an go, so check
the site every 3 months or so.

Doug Farrow
Oakton, VA

P.S.

Brian Danielson,

Too busy for "Undaunted II" lately.  "Undaunted" is still sitting  in my
garage...just don't have the heart to scrap her yet.

Doug