Re: Federal Regulations Governing PSUBS

Thanks Doug for the information!
It is what I have been looking for. It seems that many local officials don't know
about these regulations. I have found that if your sub has a Registration # on it
the curious marine police don't ask so many questions. I had my sub in a parade in
my local town (no numbers on sub), during it a friend of mine overheard a local
marine officer comment to someone,  "if I caught him on the lake with that thing
and it didn't have numbers on it I will nail his a$$ " or something close to that.

I guess it looks more official to them with numbers on it. My State told me that
if I was running it on the surface under it's own power then it is a boat, and has
to be registered. If it is only used below the surface then it is a dive tool, or
something like that. I don't want to start a political debate, but we have already
loss too many freedoms that we should still have.
I think some regulation is OK for something's, but I don't want anyone telling me
that I have to pay for permission to use my Psub. It's just the way I feel about
it. We have many rights that we sign away when we get a license to do most
anything. When in many cases we had the right to do that something without being
licensed in the first place. We get hoodwinked into signing many things because we
are made to believe we have to. I think government gets too carried away with
costly regulations in the name of safety, when in fact it is a big money game.
Again I say, I don't want to start a political debate, I was just expressing my
opinion and experiences.
Jon Shawl