Re: Unmanned test dives, a safty question

Alan Long wrote:

> Jon, Silly question but, just exactly how close were the divers to the sub as
> it
> went down ?

No, not silly. I'm glad you brought it up.I thought they were too close! I was
not on the dive and didn't know how close the divers were till I saw the video
later.What worried me most was when I saw they went KLUNK into the view port
with the video camera. Yikes, not a good idea!

> What is a safe distance if at all.  If the sub gives... BIG BADA BOOM !!!
> Safty first !!!

That is one I can't answer for sure. But I would say far enough that you
wouldn't get sucked in. Besides, someone else said it was more like thoomp.
;-)Yes, Safety first !!!