Re: Unmanned test dives

EdwMullin@aol.com wrote:

> How does someone dive their submersible, unmanned, for testing purposes?

I think a barge with a crane is the best way .  I tied on a 1/2 nylon line
and added extra weights to replace me. Then with divers and a video camera
(optional), we lowered it down to 140' (the bottom). Then the divers put a
little air in the ballast tanks and it surfaced.
SAFETY NOTE: Remember it will fall fast if it implodes on the way down, so
don't get yourself or the boat tangled to the line! This line was to mark
the sub's location if it failed.
Jon Shawl