Re: Art/Safty or Safty/Art ?

Jonathan Shawl wrote:

> Rick Lucertini wrote:
>
> > I'm proficient at pushing peoples' buttons  ;-)
>
> I will keep that in mind next time I hear from you..

:-D

> > > How comfortable is a dead person?
> >
> > Depends on your perspective!
>
> As a Christian I don't worry about being dead. Its the dieing underwater part [snip]

Wouldn't happen to be a Woody Allen fan, would you?  By the way, check out "Children's Past Lives
(C.Bowman)
It's the closest you'll ever come to switching to Hinduism!!!

> don't want to die in a sub before my time.

Same here.  I'd rather die in a sub when it IS my time.

> >  I know from experience that some of you are heading for the same mistake I made.

> I thank my lucky stars that my paranoia is greater than my stupidity.  When it's my turn for
> Sleeping Beauty (actually Magical Child after a book by J.C.Pearce) I'm going to have experienced
> backup divers and, maybe, STS communications.

> I just scanned in my first sub (mistake) photos, I will have them on my site in a day or two.

Alright!  I'll add'em to my web site down the road.  Should be some  valuable lessons here.  Thanks
for sharing these.

> [snip]

> > My ambient dry sub (currently in my backyard awaiting conversion) will have a canopy
> > similar to a light aircraft.  At one point I even had  Chipmunk canopy - it was a
> > little too fragile, thank you.
> >  I'm using a canoe, similar to "Sleeping Beauty", a WW II experimental design, as the hull form

> > surrounding a series of ballast tanks and an extremely low volume dry cockpit.

> [snip]
> >      > [Camera falls off, writer's face drops into dramatic sidelight - turns to camera as
> >      > if to say "Is a flame war on its way?  Bar smoke wafts up toward the ceiling fans -
> >      tension fills the air; lungs clog; a dog barks in the distance]
>
> [Scene Changes , Unusual canoe moving into the sunset,  well before it reaches the horizon it
> drops out of site below the calm waters, then silence, almost....execpt for bubbles in the
> distant waters, and the dog still barking on shore. Later crowd gathers to see what dog is
> barking at.....]

Hey, I like it!  Seriously, I have this fantasy of a Pina Colada in my hand, sitting in a lawn chair
on the deck of my diesel electric sub, tied up to a log boom, a bald eagle flying overhead, the
salmon jumping and watching the sun go down.  That would be a spiritual moment for me.  A symbol of
my perseverence and creative urges.  Like the time I wandered down to English Bay here in Vancouver
when I first moved out from Montreal.  I HAD to taste the ocean to let it sink in to my psyche that I
had made it out here.  Like dipping the front wheel of your bicycle after having travelled across
Canada.

> Just thought I would try that button pushing thing that Rick is so good at.
> I'm not the artist type, I can't hold a candle to Rick.............he might say I was flaming
> him. ;-)

Hey, I resent that!!! (I don't deny it, I just resent it).  But, I am a '90's sort of guy (not!).

> What ever floats your boat, .... errr ... canoe?
> Rick, what was all that about puns ?  ;-) I like em too.
> I guess I better not sign this one.....

Speaking of signing off on a pun . . . TRUE STORY: A rather terrified speechgiver was at the podium
speaking to an audience that included Queen Victoria.  The poor fellow was so paralysed he couldn't
think straight.  His gaff ?  In speaking of  "canoes and punts" in his talk, he instead referred to
them, much to his horror, as "Panoes and . . . "
The good queen that she was, quickly came to his rescue with the question, "And tell me, Sir, just
what is a panoe?".

Rick

--
Rick Lucertini
empiricus@sprint.ca

"Most people die with their dreams still inside them."