Re: Trolling Motors

Albert,

Is it possible that the motor seals did have some sort of pressure
compensation across the motor shaft seal such that the actual differential
pressure across the motor shaft seal was less than 700 feet of Sea Water?

Ken Martindale

PS On this site it is always possible to misinterpret people's comments in the
wrong way. I try to assume the best or ignore what irritates me. I do find it
interesting about the big discrepancy between what you have implied about the
motor shaft seals and what I was told by Minnkota. I have also heard rumors
about the seals being good past the vendors statements, but I have to be
conservative for safety concerns and that I don't loose 3.5 years of work.
Bear in mind my Sub is a wet Sub that I can bail out and not loose anything
but the work and money. A 1 atmosphere Sub is a different story. If the motor
seals leak do you run the risk of flooding and sinking? Can you bail out?

Have fun.