Re: I DOUBLE CHECKED THEM! DIRECTIONAL THRUSTERS

Rickoshea@aol.com wrote:

> oops. try Impulse (800 327-0971) for commerially made ones. You can make these
> yourself with what are called bulkhead penetrators from hydraulic shops-
> forged steel for strength to help from being sheared off. Fill with enough 10
> guage wire pigtails (probably 2) and epoxy the void. Been using this type on
> recompression chambers.

Has anyone experience with using a Lazdrop shaft seal (or similar)?  This is a teflon-like collar that
puts no pressure on the shaft and keeps the water out at the same time.  No tightening like stuffing
boxes.  Generally used for slow turning shafts (ie: not speed boats).

--
Rick Lucertini
empiricus@sprint.ca

"You have a very interesting face, but, you should drain it once in a while."