Re: Question?

Al,
    Once Bruce Jones (CEO of US Submarines) came here to see my sub.  He
said that the commercial subs that he builds have ALL of the through-hull
fittings in only one location.  I asked him why and he said that it is so
that if there is a leak you only have one place to look.  He said finding a
leak can be a real problem.  If you employ this concept where hoses can be
detached in only one location and the entire systems assembly can be
removed I think it will work.  Speaking from experience you can not believe
the time it could save not only in construction but in maintenance.  If
anyone out there would like to experience the in-sub concept I have some
batteries that need to be changed.  LOL
    Back in WWII the British were trying to mass produce all of the
aircraft they could in the shortest time.  I am not sure of the model but
one of their light bomber aircraft was made to be put together in two
halves.  In this way the plumbing and wiring did not have to be done with
workers inside the plane.  This saved much time.  A sub like this would be
to difficult to construct because of the extremely long seem that would
have to be watertight.  My friend Harold in Longview Texas does something
like this on a small scale with his sub's batteries.  They are on rails
where they can be slid outside of the housings.  Once in place they are
bolted down.
    I already thought of the blower and hose idea.  I just have not been
able to fine time to get to that yet.