Re: Question?

>Sorry about that like I said I'm new at this and everything is coming
>from my head.  Just ideas.  I quess what I'm looking for is to build
>something for less than 100 ft depth.  And I would have to say I think
>it would be an ambient pressure.  I'm trying not to get wet.  Here's
>what I was thinking, design a wood hull and then encase the wood
(inside
>and out) with several layers of fibreglass.  All cross members and
>braces would also be done to add support and rigidity.  For and average
>of 1inch thick.
>I hope this is a better explanation.  I have gotten different ideas
from
>different designs I have seen.  But like I said I don't want to go to
>deep.
>Thanks for any info you can give!!!

I can just feel the tension building as I type this, but I believe that
wood and fiberglass would work just fine as long as you design for its
limitations and keep SAFETY the #1 priority. Remember that the first sub
"the Turtle" was made of wood.

Now if limitations of a wood/glass boat say dont dive more than 50 feet,
then dont go below 50 feet. Steel would be preferable, but I believe
that you can build a sub out of alot of materials, just be safe and
smart.

OK, lets have it.

Scott Shakespeare